CPAA is thrilled to host its 15th Annual WoofStock!
Sunday, September 29, 2019
11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Rain or Shine
Riverfront Park, Harrisburg, PA
Join us for the largest festival on the east coast for people and their dogs!
NOTE: No adoptions are permitted at WoofStock.
RESCUES & SHELTERS: CPAA has worked and advocated for an end to the pet overpopulation crisis for the past 15 years. We firmly believe that the spay and neuter of all companion animals is the only answer. As such, registrations to attend WoofStock will not be accepted from rescues and shelters who do not spay/neuter animals prior to adoption.
WoofStock draws a crowd of thousands of animal lovers and their pets for this one day festival of fun!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE AUGUST 15, 2019
Hosted by Bob Rudy
- Check out the many vendors attending by clicking on the "Who's Coming" link.
- Meet hundreds of dogs available for adoption from rescues and shelters!
- Spay/neuter, fostering, adoption, & anti-dogfighting information
- Live music!
- Demonstrations from Summit Search & Rescue and Keller's Cause "Impaired? Who cares? Working with blind and deaf dogs".
- Great food!
- Raffle prizes--Including two tickets to the televised Giants v. Eagles game on October 11 at MetLife Stadium!
- WoofStock t-shirts!
- Doggie Ice Cream Social, The Dogs' Den booth, starting at noon.
- Low cost vaccine & microchipping clinic! Details below.
- Pet Blessings, details below.
- Pet Costume Contest, 3 pm, Kunkel Plaza. Obtain an entry form at any CPAA booth, or the welcome booth at Kunkel Plaza.
- Lure Course Fun Run! For dogs that love to chase! Provided by Barkby Plungers. For more information, click on the Entertainment link.
- Support the Hounds of Prison Education (HOPE) dogs and consider adopting one!
- Lure Course Fun Run.
Low Cost Vaccine & Microchipping Clinic:
Location: St. Stephen's Episcopal Cathedral, 221 N. Front Street, Harrisburg.
Registration: Noon to 4 pm. Wait times are less after 2 pm.
Cost: $10 each, including, Rabies, Distemper, & Kennel Cough (dogs only). Microchipping is $25, which includes registration fee. Flea medication for dogs, $10 a dose.
CPAA began the Hounds of Prison Education (HOPE) training and rehabilitation program for shelter dogs in March of 2005. HOPE has saved the lives of more than 250 dogs, who would not have had a second chance without HOPE.
The HOPE dogs may have scars inside and out, but the nature of HOPE is to look forward, not back. With world-class training and positive, fear-free, reward-based rehabilitation, HOPE gives shelter dogs the opportunity for new beginnings and bright futures. Our dogs smile because they have HOPE.
Please stop by the HOPE booth at Woofstock from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. to meet some of these amazing dogs and talk to the families who have adopted HOPE graduates.
HOPE dog Reggie with his handler